It’s time to TAZZLE!
Talk, Tell, and Dazzle
The RATATAZ team wants to reward all of your hard work with The RATATAZ Award*!
Every year, the RATATAZ team will review submissions and pick winners for the following three (3) prizes. These are major prizes requiring serious and thoughtful submissions.
First Place: $1000.00
Submit your entry
Second Place: $500.00
Third Place: $250.00
Consider this your thesis project. We want to see all the evidence of your learning from the school year. Entrants can submit portfolios, videos, scrapbooks, lab notebooks, projects…the sky's the limit! We don’t tell you exactly what to do because learning to investigate, think critically and creatively, and ask questions is the whole point of this exercise. Show us what you know, how you came upon your findings, what the process of learning was like. We want to see what you can do with what you've learned!
If you'd like to enter and become eligible to submit your findings, we have an entry form for you to fill out. This helps us track participants and lets us support and encourage you along the way. You'll be sent an outline for the timeline and requirements to help get you started and keep you on track. If you'd like help staying on track with your learning and enjoy visual reminders, we offer the optional Octopus Tracker that you can mark-up along the way.
Use Question & Answer Idea Notes
Pick one or more of the questions you find most interesting.
How would you answer your favorite question? If you have a new or different idea, you can use that one.
Make It Yours
Decide how your idea can best be presented to others. You might decide to produce a video, prepare a report, create an art project, or produce a play.
Stay on Track
Track your progress with our Octopus Tracker for motivation along the way.
Start a Conversation
Join a social media group for inspiration and ideas.
Enter to Win
Submit your ideas and evidence of learning before the advertised deadline and you could be eligible for some amazing prizes!
Submission Guidelines & Rules for Entry
1. *There is no purchase necessary to enter the RATATAZ Award competition.
2. Participants of this contest must be U.S. residents and reside in a location that allows for monetary awardings. Entrants are responsible to verify the rules in their area.
3. Only one entry allowed per student and entrants must submit a contest entry form to be considered.
4. By entering, entrants represent and warrant that the work submitted is work that they, themselves, completed.
5. RATATAZ reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
6. Winners will be selected after careful consideration of work submitted. All entries will be given the same thoughtful consideration.
7. One (1) winner will be selected for each awarding tier.
8. RATATAZ is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
9. Each winner will be personally notified and public posts will be made on social media. Before claiming the prize, the winner must verify his/her correct name, address, and telephone number to RATATAZ at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his/her prize. RATATAZ reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize if the identity can’t be verified or does not meet the prize eligibility rules.
10. If a winner does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility in a timely manner or does not meet the entry requirements, then the prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from remaining valid entries.
11. There will be no substitutions or alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of RATATAZ. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
12. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
13. RATATAZ is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
14. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that RATATAZ has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Every submission is given the same odds of winning.
3. For a list of recent prize winners, email us at email@example.com.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. RATATAZ accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. RATATAZ cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
6. RATATAZ reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against RATATAZ and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage, or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.